1. Be a full-time, undergraduate student at Buffalo State in any major that may lead to a Ph.D.
2. Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
3. Be a rising sophomore or junior at the time of application (we will accept a limited number of rising seniors based on ability to complete the program)
4. Be a first-generation college student & a low-income individual, OR an individual from a group underrepresented in graduate study (African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Native American/Alaskan, or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, or Blended Ethnicity of the above)
5. Have strong potential and desire to prepare for graduate study leading to a doctoral degree (Ph.D.)
6. Be interested in research and college level teaching
7. Be a U.S. citizen, a permanent resident of the U.S., or in the U.S. for a non-temporary purpose
Note: you must have two recommendations from faculty with whom you have had a class.
Back to Top